Monday 13 November 2017

Memory Keeping and Creative Journaling for November




Hello everyone. Wow, November is here and Bonfire Night has been and gone...crazy! Today I am creating a Bonfire Night themed memory keeping page in my creative journal. I have used the October collage sheets and printables from Mrs Brimbles Patreon page and wow we were spoiled for choice with last months goodies. As part of the layout, I have turned some of the printables in to die cut pieces.

Making Die Cuts for Ephemera



To make the die cuts, I printed out the smaller collage sheets on to glossy thick paper (which actually came with my Jane Davenport Butterfly Book). After they were printed, I carefully cut around them, then used a corner rounder to make the edges smooth. Below are my finished die cuts from the printable collage sheets, they are so cute!


Creative Journal Page Process:

Firstly I printed out one of the large painted backgrounds from the collage sheets and then stuck this to a double page spread using pritt stick. You can see that I had some trouble and a massive crease appeared on the page. I didn't let this bother me too much as I was going to be sticking over it. The background I chose is so vibrant, the pink and yellow really pop on the page, perfect for my Bonfire Night page.



Next I chose a photo from a fireworks party I had attended and used that as a focal image (and to mask the crease a bit).



The colours of the page really do provide a vivid contrast to the photo and really make the photo stand out against the colours.

Adding Gold Foil Lettering



As part of a workshop by Prima at Plannercon Europe called Sparkle and Shine, we learnt to create lettering using gold foil and rub on transfer sheets. Prima provided all the materials and it was so easy to do, literally rub the transfer onto your page, layer over the foil and rub down to the page, then peel off. As you can see I need a bit more practice, but I love how it is messy as it really is in keeping with my theme. I may also have bought some more gold foil from their stand. I then went around the foil with a black felt tip.



Finally, I added another photo and stuck down some of the ephemera die cuts I made earlier and a bit of text using stickers and a gold Sharpie. I had still to use my stickers from one of the Brimbles Box kits (the space theme), so added a few of these to the page too. I love the finished look. The collage sheets and printables have really bought the page and layout together.





I've really enjoyed putting this page together, I haven't really made a page before using a full page printable, but it is something I will definitely do again. Thanks for reading. Be sure to check out Mrs Brimbles Patreon Page, even more goodies are being offered now, more videos, more collage sheets and even a 20% discount code to her shop.

​Take Care, Kerry xx



​Follow me on  social media:

​Instagram  |  You Tube  |  Pinterest |  
Twitter |  ​ ​​FB Art Journaling Group


No comments:

Post a Comment