Tuesday 12 December 2017

Christmas all wrapped up

Wrapping presents is one of my favourite parts of the run up to Christmas.  I love making each present look beautiful and like time and has been taken to make it special.  I always take special care to choose the right paper each year.  This year I bought my wrapping paper (in black and gold) in a three pack of different designs and it came with tags and ribbons.  I was disappointed when I opened up the pack to discover that the tags and ribbons were not quite as pretty as the paper itself.  So I decided to make some. At first I thought about using the different papers to make some tags when I remembered I had some of Anna's beautiful collage sheets that I printed but hadn't used yet.

I thought the beautiful colours in the October sheets would pop perfectly against the black and gold papers, so I glued the paper to some cardstock to give it strength and cut out some tag shapes.  I did some embossing with some Christmassy stamps I had and I think they look perfect against the papers.





I also cut out some thin strips of the papers and used these like ribbon to wrap around the presents here:



I hope you are finding some time to be crafty in what can be a crazy time in the run up to Christmas.
Don't forget to check out Anna's Patreon and you can find more of my art here, or on my blog, or on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment